Social Media Tip of the Day: Build a Solid Social Media Strategy
All of the social media tools and technologies that are out there can be overwhelming, no doubt. But, if you focus on the sites and tools that truly make sense for your business, you will find that the choices narrow down substantially. Take the time to build a solid social media strategy before you begin that includes:
- Gathering and preparing your best content, media, and key terms
- Web 2.0 tools to add to your existing Web site
- How you will enter the blogosphere - if at all
- One or two social networking sites that are good fits for your message or business
- Several social bookmarking and crowd-sourcing sites whose content tends toward your message
- Media communities to share images, events, video, etc. based on media you already have
- Badges, widgets, and feeds to pull all of these tools together
About the Author:
Deltina Hay is the author of the critically acclaimed book, A Survival Guide to Social Media and Web 2.0 Optimization. The second edition of her book, renamed The Social Media Survival Guide, will be released in spring 2011. Learn more about Deltina, her books, and her availability for speaking engagements at Deltina.com. You may also enjoy listening to Deltina’s video tutorial series on YouTube: The Internet Empowerment Series.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the feed and get future articles delivered to your feed reader or email.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment