5 Ways to Increase the Reach of Your Blog or RSS Feed
You may be losing out on opportunities to improve the reach of your RSS feed or blog. These optimization tips can help:
- Burn your feed to FeedBurner.com. Take advantage of the optimization and analytics features they offer.
- Offer alternate ways for readers to subscribe to your feed. Use FeedBurner tools like email subscriptions and subscription buttons like the ones on AddtoAny.com to offer more choices for your readers.
- Add your feed to as many feed directories as you can. Don’t assume that just because a service is being pinged (notified) about your posts, that your feed is listed in their directory. Start by claiming your blog at Technorati.com. Then use the toprankblog blog directory list to find more.
- Import your feed into your social networking sites. Facebook allows you to import RSS feeds into your profile and offers applications for you to import feeds into Facebook pages. LinkedIn offers an application to include your feed in your profile. And you can use a tool like HootSuite.com to import your feed into your Twitter account.
- Create a lifestream or social page. Start an account with a lifestreaming service like FriendFeed or create a page on a social site like Squidoo. Import your feed into your new accounts along with relevant information from your other Social Web accounts.
Though these tips will help improve the reach of your RSS feed or blog, the best way to get more subscribers is to regularly generate as much quality and on-topic content as you can.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to our RSS feed or receiving our latest posts as email announcements.
Get the critically acclaimed book: A Survival Guide to Social Media and Web 2.0 Optimization
Copyright 2009 by Deltina Hay. All rights reserved.
Deltina Hay is the principal of Dalton Publishing and founder of Plumb Social.com
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the feed and get future articles delivered to your feed reader or email.
I would definitely bookmark it as well as share it with my friends.