Social Media Tip of the Day: Retaining Your Readers with Stickiness
Getting people to your Website, Blog, Facebook page, or other social site is one thing, getting them to come back or read your feeds and updates regularly is another thing entirely.
Below are some tips that can help make your pages and feeds sticky. We will return to this topic often, so stay tuned…
- Keep your posts open-ended where applicable so visitors can return and respond
- Run contests so visitors will return – but run them sporadically so they will have to return to the site to see the latest offerings
- Offer discounts or specials only available when visitors are on your site or page
- Update your feed regularly, even if the entries are short
- Offer surveys or polls on your sites: Most CMS platforms have plugins for this, social networking sites like Facebook have applications, and Widgetbox has a great selection that you can place on about any site
Get the Social Media Tip O’ the Day iPhone App!
About the Author:
Deltina Hay is the author of the critically acclaimed book, A Survival Guide to Social Media and Web 2.0 Optimization. The second edition of her book, renamed The Social Media Survival Guide, will be released in spring 2011. Learn more about Deltina, her books, and her availability for speaking engagements at Deltina.com. You may also enjoy listening to Deltina’s video tutorial series on YouTube: The Internet Empowerment Series.
Subscribe to the Social Media Tip O’ the Day Feed
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to the feed and get future articles delivered to your feed reader or email.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment